Continuing the awards catch up, I have been nominated twice in the last month for the Beautiful Blogger Award, once by Literary Tiger from The Tiger’s Eye, and the other time by Heather from Bitsnbooks. If you haven’t been to these two lovely ladies’ blogs, you’re missing out, so hop over there now!
Thank you both so much for the nomination, it means the world to me that you would think so highly of my blog.
Now, as always, there are rules for this award, but as I am finding with a lot of awards, they seem to be changing depending on where I am reading. As usual, you’re supposed to link it back to the givers of the award, as well as passing it on to other bloggers, but in some cases this is all you have to do, whereas others have specified that you’re supposed to reveal things about yourself. So I’m going to twist it for my own purposes, and reveal five things I think are beautiful in the world.
Five beautiful things:
- The sound of the ocean. There is something infinitely beautiful about that sound, something which reaches into the very depths of our souls, and which stirs us in powerful ways. While we might often return from the beach covered in sand and grit and needing to wash desperately, I always find myself feeling cleansed in other ways from a good trip to the beach. I think I would struggle living too far away from a coastline, no matter where in the world I live in the future.
- Waking up before the sun on a day off. Don’t get me wrong, I love sleeping in, and I struggle to function in the mornings without my coffee. As we head into winter here in Australia, I am naturally waking up before the sun most days anyway for work, and some mornings I strongly dislike this fact. But every now and then, I like to wake up just as early on a day off as well – enjoy the start of the day, relaxing, and making the most of the whole day. You soon forget about the sleep-in once you’re enjoying the morning.
- The first few moments of starting a new book. You hold it in your hands (a real book), breathe in its smell, as your mind whirls with the possibilities contained within. The excitement that I feel when I start a new book is an amazing sensation, incomparable to much else in life. It’s also amazing when you can’t put the darn thing down!
- The aroma of coffee permeating the air in a cafe. This smell alone perks me up, and I do that thing where I stop where I am, close my eyes, and take a deep breath, before letting out a resounding “ahhh.”
- Relaxing with family and friends. Yes, I know this is somewhat predictable. I’m at a point in my life where I essentially live alone, and am quite busy most of the time. I also am vaguely aware that the next few years of my life will no doubt bring profound change to my life. With all this in mind, lately I have really been enjoying just spending time with my family and my friends – it doesn’t matter what we are doing, it’s just being with them that counts.
And now for some beautiful blogs:
These blogs are all beautiful, and of course they are only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to beautiful blogs – there are many I didn’t mention (the list could have been many times longer), and all the blogs I have mentioned before in awards posts (I generally try and mention different ones each time to try and share the blog love) are also beautiful in their own ways! So if you want more ideas for blogs worth checking out, have a look at the posts in my Awards category from the right-hand menu.
Now, time to crawl into bed with a cup of tea and a good book.