This is one of those recipes where I’m unsure how I lived without it before, to be honest. It’s simple, quick, but most importantly it tastes amazing – these are some of the best brownies I have ever tried, if I do say so myself. It’s great for an easy dessert for one, or for an afternoon snack, an accompaniment to coffee – any excuse will do quite frankly. Here’s how you do it:
- 2 tablespoons of butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons of water
- a pinch of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons of cocoa
- 4 tablespoons of sugar
- 4 tablespoons of flour
- Melt the butter in the bottom of a mug in the microwave. Mix in water, vanilla sugar (substituting for vanilla essence would work fine too) and salt – if you want it slightly saltier you can add more than a pinch, as I’ve been adding somewhere between half and a full teaspoon and it’s fine. Whisk together well with a fork.
- Add in cocoa (2 tablespoons is enough, but I like mine with extra cocoa), whisk well. Add in sugar, whisk well. Lastly, add in flour and whisk until it’s all blended together.
- Put mug in microwave. How long you microwave it for will depend on both the power of your microwave and how gooey you want the brownie. I like it a little bit gooey but not too much, so about 75-90 seconds on 600w does it perfect for me. A minute or less on 600w leaves it half gooey still, much more than 90 seconds and it’s fully baked.
- Enjoy! Add a bit of cream to the top for extra indulgence.
If you try this recipe please let me know your thoughts! I’d also love to hear if anybody else has any similar recipes!